National Farmers Market week is coming up, August 4th-10th, and we want to celebrate by highlighting what’s fresh from the market! When I check in with the farmers and food artisans, they often tell me that their customers don’t always know what to do with the seasonal produce or specialty items. The challenge of finding new recipes and learning new kitchen skills is one of my favorite things about shopping at a farmers market! And over the years, market-goers and vendors alike have taught me a lot of new ways to make delicious, seasonal meals at home. With that in mind, I am officially launching the What’s Cooking in Your Kitchen contest!
Over the next 2 weeks, I am inviting you to send in your favorite recipe using items you’ve purchased at the market this summer. All submissions will be published to this blog, and winners will be randomly selected on Friday, August 2nd.
Here are the details:
- Recipes can be for entrees, sides, snacks, drinks or desserts, but must feature products available at Audubon Park Community Market.
- Please provide as much detail as possible (ingredients, step-by-step instructions, etc)
- Photos are not required but are definitely welcome!
- Send your submission to email@example.com
- All complete and qualifying recipes will be published to this blog and shared through our social networks
- The deadline for submissions is Midnight, EDT, on Thursday, August 1st.
Winners will be randomly selected, and prizes include $25 in Bird Bucks (redeemable with all market vendors), a copy of Field to Feast: Recipes Celebrating Florida Farmers, Chefs and Artisans (Brandon, Farmand, McPherson, 2012) a year of home delivery of Edible Orlando, and a one-year membership with the Audubon Park Garden District. That means that in addition to all recipes being published on this blog, there are 4 opportunities to win prizes!
I look forward to receiving your submissions and sharing them with the community!